- To design and conduct sessions for primary, middle and high school teachers, and student-teachers on Science, Math and EVS, and go towards senior secondary as JLF progresses.
- Developing and offering to the system well-designed models of in-service teacher training in school science and math, to eventually bring greater quality in classroom teaching of these subjects.
- To make teachers experience joy in learning so they can eventually transmit the same to children, as well as to enhance their conceptual understanding and build pedagogical content knowledge for them.
- To demonstrate that learning is possible with joy, stimulation and deep appreciation of phenomena and disciplinary/theoretical concepts
The specific issues or problems that the organization is trying to address
- Lack of good models of teacher education which directly demonstrate application of education theory into practice.
- Lack of teacher experience of alternatives towards good educational practice, particularly in their own subject area
- Lack of pedagogical content knowledge in the area of science and math, in the existing teacher education programs
- Teachers own gaps in conceptual understanding, often because of deficient teaching methods, experienced in their own schooling, or their learning being non-expansive and narrow in college education, leading to lack of confidence in related areas other than specialization (e.g. physics graduates not comfortable with biology and vice versa)